Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  door panels and window cranks

door panels and window cranks

General Discussion
views 1738
replies 13
following 7

93zuzu89   +1y
i have a question regarding the window cranks. what exactly is the RIGHT way to remove them without messing anything up? i ask because i've removed some before on other vehicles and they didn't go back on right or wouldn't stay on right. i just wanna make sure i do it right so my window crank doesn't fall off when i let my windows up and down. i ask because i've been wanting to to something with my door panels and can't really do anything with them on the truck and i know the window cranks have to be taken off to remove the door panel. so any help would be appreciated, as always. thanks guys.
low1994   +1y
by using the specific tool for removing them.its basically a set of pliars that opens, ,when you squeeze the handles shut has two small prongs on the ends,, that fit into the two ho,les on the locking ring that holds the cranks ,on.or be careful use some small needle noses and a screw driver. good luck..
93zuzu89   +1y
is it like snap ring pliers?
low1994   +1y
basically
eatinpavement   +1y
um no. use this on the window cranks

thread post photo

and this on the door panel

thread post photo
93zuzu89   +1y
where can i pick up those tools?
bjscustombillet   +1y
just use a shop rag. Slide it between the handle and the door panel rotate the rag nice and easy, and walla! the little clip comes right out and the window crank slides right off. Thats how i do it ,might be the right way but it works for me.
eatinpavement   +1y
any autoparts store or tool vendor should have these or some similar. i just personally use all matco.
93zuzu89   +1y
does the window crank tool help you put the clip back in too?
lethalethan   +1y
When putting the clip back in. You just slide the clip into the 2 slots on the crank itself, then tap it onto the stud on the door. It should pop right on.