Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  help with conversion

help with conversion

General Discussion
views 3531
replies 17
following 7

low_pup   +1y
anyone know how i can go about converting my truck to right hand drive? i can do the break booter relocation along with all the petals and all the wiering but what do i do for the steering box? can i fab something up using all the stock parts or will i need a whole new box or rack or whatever? i would imagine i can get away with using the stock steering colum.

let me know what you all think.
crazymikey   +1y
i think the rhd conversion is the most useless and stupid mod you can do in a lhd country.
oldskewlkool   +1y
that'll be kool
low_pup   +1y
just as stupid as making a truck not worthy of hauling stuff, or makeing a truck sit on the ground but we all do it anyways.

just as stupid as making our tail lights smaller in a country full of idiots.
crazymikey   +1y
but we dont all convert our trucks to right hand drive.

That's just my personal opinion. If it was me and my truck,I wouldn't do it,because I drive the truck daily,and I wouldn't want to drive something RHD daily just for the annoyance of drive thrus,visibility in and around traffic for stuff like overtaking,turning and generally just changing gears with your left hand.

I'm not saying not to do it,I just don't see why to do it. All the mods we do have a justification to them,but the RHD conversion is one that always has me scratching my head.
eatinpavement   +1y
jdm yo!
low_pup   +1y
the justification to allout mods is self gratification out of pure shock factor for others.

this will be my daily driver once agen one its done agen. i highly doubt ill have a problem with shifting left handed half because of being ambadextrious and half becauase i have shifted for others. i wont be racing so no need to shift fast. and i really dont think visabitity will be a problem. take a ride in the passangers seat and pay attention like your driveing.

only vision problem i see is a left turn at a busy intersection, im in no rush when im in my mini so ill sit as long as i need or hope for the green arrow.

and as for drive thrus, i almost always take a passanger with to get food or i can make things interesting and back thrue it. could be fun.

part of haveing a mini is being differant and thats what im going for. i dont even see one RHD car just on the road ever 6 months to a year or more.
eatinpavement   +1y
its really no different than driving on the left lane of an interstate or something in a LHD. i've driven many RHD cars including skylines civics and integras. the pedals are the same, the gears are the same your just sitting on the other side. if i wouldnt have spent so much time already on my dash, i would have converted mine
ablaydes   +1y
yeah well guys we all know that CRAZYMIKEY is not a real minitrucker because first of all another minitrucker will never tell a fellow minitrucker how dumb or stupid his ideas are so hell yeah convert that whore itnto right hand drive how many times do you go to a show and see a right hand drive truck there like maybe a hand full out there convert man convert it
crazymikey   +1y
i'm not tryin to start an argument or something,I'm just sayin,that's all.

he asked what we thought,I said what I thought and gave my reasons why I thought that way and justified my point. He came back with a good reply to that,and it's his ride so he can do what he wants,and if he goes ahead with it,all the more power to him.

Like any other mod,it's subjective to one's tastes and values.

Plus,I'm a converted former rice burner. I got sick and tired of the tuner scene. I wouldn't call myself a minitrucker. I wouldn't call myself a ricer. I wouldn't call myself a hot rodder. I'm just an automotive enthusiast/hobbyist with a wide range of tastes.

And I realize I came across pretty blunt in my first post.