threads
Back To Page - Tennessee Wheel and Tire
Page 1 of 2
Tennessee Wheel and Tire \  Big chrome nutz?

Big chrome nutz?

Tennessee Wheel and Tire
views 4082
replies 16
following 4

someotherguy   +1y
Hey Trevor,

Can you get me a deal (or do these even exist) on some chrome lugs I can use on my '94 3500HD? Stud size is 5/8", 18tpi, and at least 3/4" really 1" of thread to be safe. With that said obviously I am looking for closed-end ones but if opens are available I'd like to see those too. Quantity will be 30. (10 each rear, 5 each front.) Oh and the seat is conical, these wheels use the clamping rings similar to what a 16" shitbox dually steelie would.

Gotta be good quality stuff, I won't put them on my truck if they came out of a box sez made in china/taiwan!

Thanks!
Richard
onefasthoagie   +1y

not that your math skillz might be off.....but isn't that thing 8 lug?? thats 32 total.... or are you trying to go economy and just leave a few off?? lol
someotherguy   +1y
It's a 3500HD. 10 on each rear, 5 on each front, that's 30.

Richard
lockone   +1y
I can custom make you a set of these.

Do you want them to be acutal lugnuts or just covers for your existing ones?
someotherguy   +1y
Actual lugs, not covers. I saw where there's some already made:

But no idea if they're chinese junk, or what. Kinda hate doing business with new/unknown places.

Richard
lockone   +1y
If they are the ones like on the link you posted I probably got some at the shop. I will have to look and make sure on Monday to see if they are the correct thread pitch. If not I used to sale that companies stuff years ago and I can probably get those for you if we have to go that route.

As for them being Chinese junk, just about every lugnut or stud you buy nowadays will be made in China.
onefasthoagie   +1y

humm who would have guessed?? i dont think anyone has done an HD around thease parts. (and posted about it) congrats! i learned something new today.
someotherguy   +1y
OK, well I'm back on this as I've got my Goodyears ready to go, dropping off my wheels to be painted tomorrow, and still don't have lug nuts.

What I need are 5/8" thread, 18tpi, about 1.25" or so usable length, chrome...they may not even exist. Here's the catch. Since they're being used with a clamp ring, I'm pretty sure the conical seat is supposed to be 90 degrees.

Those lugs in the Prestige link I posted above are 60 degree. The only 90 degree dually lugs they've got are 9/16, 14mm, etc. no 5/8"

Help??

Richard
lockone   +1y
I have never seen a set of 5/8" lug nuts like you are needing. I have some here in 9/16" and 14x1.5mm.

I will do some research and get back with you on this.
lockone   +1y
The only 5/8" lug nuts I can find are for a Dodge 3500 from the years of 1992-1999. However they are not conical seat lug nut they are the flat washer type.