Page 1 of 2
Mazda Projects \  New to the Mazda scene and have some questions

New to the Mazda scene and have some questions

Mazda Projects
views 2953
replies 14
following 5

richl73   +1y
My dad recently handed down his mazda truck to me, it's a 91 b2600i 2wd(will get around to posting pics soon) It's was in pretty good shape except for the bumpers were rusty and the windshield wiper arms were rusty. I sanded down and painted all that stuff. I had some questions about the stereo, I switched out the stereo but I hate that it sits so low behind by shifter, has anyone tried to move it up to the spot under the vents? Also, I read that the chevy 6 lug rims will fit on my truck, but will they fit without modification to the suspension? I want my truck to sit up a little higher for snowy situations. And finally what's the difference between an se-5 and an le-5? Thanks anything is helpful
richl73   +1y
As for my question about the moving the stereo, i searched the forums and found my answer( Damn newbie!..lol)
mark   +1y
welcome to the forums

SE-5 and LE-5 are just trims of the truck, like Ford XLT, XL, FX4, etc. etc.

6lug chevy wheels will fit, but you have to get the center hole bored out to the size of the mazda stock wheel bore size, they will fit without modifications to the suspension but that also depends what size tires you get, so just by getting a bigger wheel doesn't mean you're going to sit up higher, you'll have to get bigger tires as well

you can try moving the stereo head unit to that spot under the vents, you'd have to take that dash bezel off and do some cutting, its been done before

goodluck with everything, if u have any other questions, ppl here should be able to help
thetornado   +1y
great to have ya here. let us know if you need anything else. there are plenty of guys on here that are experineced with our trucks.
team haymaker   +1y
i just did ot to my trucks dash, and i put some guages where the vents used to be, looks pretty good, and doesnt skip anymore
richl73   +1y
Thanks guys, this is the best mazda forum on the net
thetornado   +1y
betta believe it. tell everyone you know. we are taking over the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol hahaha
richl73   +1y
Finally figured out how to add my pictures.... The engine bay is really dirty any suggestions on how to shine it up? What's the best product to use?
richl73   +1y
maybe not... can someone help me- tell me what i'm doing wrong to get my images to load up?
mark   +1y
you need to post the direct link for the picture...what you do is right click on the picture, go to properties, and copy and paste the address shown...it should end in a ".jpg" format