Page 1 of 3
Mazda Projects \  some updated pics of my b5000

some updated pics of my b5000

Mazda Projects
views 5624
replies 24
following 13

slammed91b5000   +1y
heres some newer pics of the body drop and suspension done. ill get some updated pics of my front end conversion once i hook up the air system and am able to roll it backwards in the garage, since its sorta hard to roll back when the body is scraping athough its not low enuf yet, im gonna get 2" drop spindles next winter and get er down to the doors.
oh and if you were wondering i did all the work in my garage with my grandpas wwII stick welder. this is the first truck i have ever built (im 21) so if you have any comments or suggestions that would be cool.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

the steering wheel i made
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

this is how i am gonna paint it when im done..
colors are:
04 chevy trucks green
04 mercades silver (inplace of the white)
04 subaru blue
04 chevy sublime green (in place of the yellow)
04 chevy sunburst orange (in place of the red)

thread post photo

thread post photo

heres my sweet (lol) stick welder, and trusty box of E6011 rods. hopefully i can afford a mig when i start my next truck. this worked awesome for the frame notch and link bars and shit but just blew holes right threw when i tried to do all the body work. it worked it just took a long time on the lowest setting and a lot of rod sticking and blowing holes. i dont think this welder was made for 20ga steel hahha. but it works sweet for anything from 1/8" to 1/2" plate.
thread post photo
Post was last edited on Jun 09, 2005 12:06. This post has been edited 1 times.
bagged_mazda   +1y
nice pics dude...i like bthat front end
paul42   +1y
Hey I did my first hydro setup with a WWII erra stick welder also. Worked great for that but like you said once I got to shaving the door handles and putting a rollpan on it put plenty of holes in it. I have a Lincoln MIG now and I love it.
mark   +1y
nothing wrong with stick bro haha

stick and flux core are really hot welders....does good for frame work

E6011 are also good rods...but if you wanted to, you could get some E6021 rods and weld a pass over the E6011 beads and finsih it off real good....the 6021s will give you a nicer wider weld, great for finish work

that motor is bitchin
bagged_mazda   +1y
that truck is amazing...i love it
slammed91b5000   +1y

yah i havent tried those, but i can get my 6011's looking fucken good, although a few places i had to do 2 passes and used the 6011 for the root then went over it with 7014 or 7024 depending on the position, since the 24's are only inteneded to use for flat positions.
gravity5   +1y
wow pretty balsy with such small taillights in BC eh....looks good though.

I liek the jeep headlights....not quite sure on the bumper yet...I guess I'll have so it it in paint.....

Speaking of which who's painting it.
bagged_mazda   +1y
oh dang i thought that was caddy headlights
slammed91b5000   +1y

yeah cops give it to me in the ass for the tails... so im gonna change em up. i dunno what im gonna do yeta custom cut out like those bit bigger and different design.
yeah, the bumper looks gay in pics but in real life with the hood on and shit it looks rad. i wanted it to look like a nascar craftsmen truck...oh, and i will be painting it. i already have all the paint, and guns and airbrushes and shit i just need someone thats good at pinstriping.. are you any good at pinstriping Arron? (gravity5, i think thats your name i rememebr it from streetsourcemag) if you are, ill make it worth your while to drive the 3 hrs to kelowna, or ill just drive to your place in the lower mainland... but let me know about the pinstriping. i wanna go just single lines on the whole truck butdo the tribal looking pinstriping on the flames..
bagged_mazda   +1y
yeah that pic with the hood on it does go good with the bumper...