threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Projects \  Noob to Mazdas but not to Minis!

Noob to Mazdas but not to Minis!

Mazda Projects
views 1215
replies 2
following 3

djh   +1y
Hey all, just bought a 1983 Mazda P/U and found this site, hoping to get a bunch of good info & help here when I go to bag the thing. A lil about me...

I'm a member of Freaks of Nature, out of Albuquerque NM. I've got one minitruck build in the works already, a VG30DETT swapped, shaved, and bagged Nissan Kingcab.

A buddy of mine had this Mazda and was going to build it, but got ahold of a Sonoma and decided to do that instead. When I heard he was gonna sell the '83, I couldn't pass it up as I love the old school body style, so I bought it. Came with an extra engine and frame (from a courier) so I figure my plan is to take that bare frame and build it for the bags, then swap everything over when ready. I love wild @$$ builds, so I'm not sure what yet, but an engine swap will be involved eventually. Maybe a turbo rotary or such, I do like to "keep it in the family" so to speak.

Anyways, nice to meet all of you, and I'll be sharing some pics soon.

ETA: here's a shot of how it sits now.

thread post photo
geterdun   +1y
Later 4.0 v6 should fit, have to furnish transmission too, and fabricate stuff.
befarrer   +1y
4.0 V6 is not technically in the family, as it was in the re-badged Ford trucsk and is a 100% ford engine. How about the Mazda KJ-ZEM 2.3L V6 engine, makes 217HP and 210lb/ft torque, supercharged and intercooled miller cycle V6 engine.
Page 1 of 1