Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  3/4 ton hubs on 1 ton

3/4 ton hubs on 1 ton

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1814
replies 8
following 3

westcoasta   +1y
I have seen some articles on putting 3/4 ton hubs on a 1 ton dually because they pull the wheels in 3 1/2".Does anyone know if they will work on a 1 ton spindle or do you have to get 3/4 ton spindles too?I am going to get Michigan Metalworks A Arm's later on but don't have a 1000.00 to drop right now hubs are about 75.00 each..If anyone has any insight on this I would appreciate it!
watahyahknow   +1y
as far as i know the spindles are the same only the hubs differ
westcoasta   +1y
Ok thanks bro!! I appreciate your help!!
krewzlo   +1y
Spindles are the same, I needed to swap calipers as well, some people didnt though. You can't run non dually hubs without longer arms if you would like to turn though. Pulls them in about 5" as I remember, hence the need for longer arms to get you back to the 2-2 1/2" range. This is on the c/k series trucks, not sure on the squarebodies or fords or dodges
watahyahknow   +1y
the non dually hubs allso mess up the alignment
look at it like this : the dually hub and a truck rim puts a truck tire centre of the tread in line with the hingepoint of the spindle , the part that turns the wheel for cornering
put the same truck rim on a single wheel hub and that tread is on the inside of that hingepoint
it will run fine as long as you drive straight ahead though it will put a constant load on the steeringarms because the wheels want to toe in
it allso want to force itself back straight when cornering like when the alighnmentshop dailed in too mush toe in
hitting a pothole on one side allso can do verry drastic things to the direction youre traveling in (hit a pothole on the driverside hit the guardrail on the passengerside and vice vera)
i think the best thing you could do is either run normal dually hubs and adapt the fenders to have them fit
or use single wheel hubs with verry wide spacers to at least bring the tread somewat in line with the hinge
westcoasta   +1y
Thank you for your imput on this.I just read that a lot of people did that it's why I was interested in learning about it. I will just save my money and buy the proper a arms from Michigan Metalworks..I really appreciate your time!
Aaron
krewzlo   +1y
Check out other shops as well for arms, there are cheaper options out there.
watahyahknow   +1y
couldnt he just have shorter arms made and still run the dually stuff?
krewzlo   +1y
Shorter arms cause other issues like less lift and decreased turning ability
Page 1 of 1