threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  Want to tuck 22s in the front. Help please!!!!

Want to tuck 22s in the front. Help please!!!!

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 2229
replies 8
following 2

fireman6424   +1y
I'm wanting to put 22" wheels on my 88/97 Chevy ext cab dually. I've seen posts about putting 3/4 ton stuff in the front to make the wheels tuck. Being the first dually I've built someone please guide me as to what I need to buy and replace. Thanks for the help!!!
krewzlo   +1y
To switch over to srw hubs (3/4 ton) you need 2.5-3" longer control arms and tie rods, srw rotors and on mine I had to change calipers too but dont think thats the case with most. My truck is kinda of a weird one, dont know why...
fireman6424   +1y
Would putting the control arms off a 3/4 ton work or do I have to buy special ones? Same with the tierods?
krewzlo   +1y
The 3/4 ton arms won't work, same as the 1 tons. You need custom ones that are longer than stock. I extended my lowers and made my own uppers. Several shops make them specifically to do this. Or you can run the dually hubs with shorter than stock arms but will reduce lift/suspension travel and possibly turning radius.
fireman6424   +1y
Thanks. Guess I will start pricing a new set of control arms. This thing is turning into a money pit. Lol
krewzlo   +1y
Yes they are, welcome to owning a custom dually. There is nothing more badass than a layed out truck on semis with wide hips, all worth it in the end
fireman6424   +1y
I looked into Michigan metal works control arm set and man they are expensive. How hard was it to modify yours? What other companies make the kinds of control arms I need?
krewzlo   +1y
Yeah, they are pricey. I dont know off the top of my head who else makes them, seems like devious and extensive does as I remember. They are a lot of work to modify, lots of measuring and building a jig to make sure they are exact. Have to change the balljoint angle a little bit to keep from binding and also have to make sure the centerline doesnt go forward or backward so the geometry stays the same. I put a ton of time in mine and probably didnt save any money in the end with my time and effort put into them.
fireman6424   +1y
That 1k doesn't sound quite so bad when you put it like that. Lol. I don't have the place or knowledge to attempt moding mine.
Page 1 of 1