Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  Dual Batterys

Dual Batterys

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1169
replies 5
following 4

tomnjenn05   +1y
I was wondering how some was hooking the dual batterys up. I have my battery located under my bed and i want to add another battery to help with my compresors and other stuff like amps. Right now i have the main wire coming from the alt. to the battery and then it is just grounded to the frame. If i wanted to add another battery back there how would i go by wiring it in to the other battery. I know I hook the pos to pos and neg to neg but do i need to do anything else?
krewzlo   +1y
You can run a battery isolator on the second one so if by chance your main one dies, your second one won't be dead. Not needed but an option. Some run their compressors off the second one and the truck off the first, but each their own.
guilty by design   +1y
Youd want to wire them up "parallel". Just run a wire from one positive to the other, and negative to the other. This gives you the same 12volts. Don't wire them up "series" or youll be throwing 24volts to everything. The isolator setup Krew mentioned would be a good idea to failsafe part of the trucks electrical system.
tomnjenn05   +1y
So I can just add another battery back there by just hooking up the pos to pos and neg to neg. do I need to ground the second battery to the frame like I did the first one? Sorry never installed two battery's before
comegetsome   +1y
I have 2 batteries on my dually....I have the positives connected together and the negatives connected together....the battery closest to motor has a 0 gauge battery cable running to starter and hooked to positive on it...then I hooked the negative of the second battery to the frame for ground
guilty by design   +1y
I don't believe you have to ground the 2nd battery, but it couldn't hurt.
Page 1 of 1