Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  Converting a chevy 1500 swb to a dually

Converting a chevy 1500 swb to a dually

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 3997
replies 1
following 2

nathaniel1996   +1y
Has anyone ever tryed to convert a chevy 1500 to a dually without using the adapters that go for 5 lug to 8 lug. I have a 95 chevy swb 2wd ext. cab that I am gonna convert to a dually I already ordered a 4-6 drop kit with the flip kit. I am gettin my hands on a 3/4 ton rearend to swap for the rearend I have now. And I found a set of fenders brand new for cheap. I was just seein if anyone had any pics. I found out that the whole front suspension is the same on the 1/2 tons and on the 3/4 ton. My plan is to just to change the rotor And hub to the 8 lug but if anyone could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.
someotherguy   +1y
Yo, probably wanna go read this post ->

The front suspension is similar but not the same, to run the 1 ton rotors you gotta change spindles which also means changing the upper control arm. Ball joint is different on the 1/2 ton control arm. But it all swaps over. My recommendation would be to change everything (uppers, spindles, rotors, calipers, master cylinder, rear axle) over from a donor truck except obviously you don't need to worry about the lower control arms as they're the same.

If your flip kit is for a 1/2 ton it's not gonna work. Need one for whatever the rear axle you're gonna use, came out of, the housings are different thicknesses.

Richard
Page 1 of 1