threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  Strange york 209...wtf is this??

Strange york 209...wtf is this??

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 883
replies 3
following 3

bagged dually   +1y
So I recently acquired a York and after inspecting the crank shaft it's for sure a 209. It pumps well and would make a great EDC I'm sure BUT...this thing is strange. I've never seen a York like this. It's unfinished for one thing which I guess someone could have just stripped it. However, the oil check holes in the sides of the cases that every York are supposed to have aren't there. There aren't even any provisions for them. Their actually located on the back of the compressor. Also the rear cover which should have 4 bolts holding it on are actually several flat head screws. This thing is supposed to be the completely stock unmolested pump off of an early 60's mercedes but I can't find any info on this thing at all. No one I've asked knows anything about it. Is it some rare pump that I shouldn't sell to someone that's going to use it for an air pump?? Any info would be great.
thread post photo

In this last pic you can see the weird screws holding the back plate on and the oil add bolts on the back of the pump instead of the sides.
thread post photo
krewzlo   +1y
I have one that was raw like that too, should be fine to use, just a little less cfm than the 210. I believe kilby has the fittings for the top.
bagged dually   +1y

I actually have a 210 I plan on using. I'm just scratching my head as to why this one is so different than every other York I've ever seen.
For example why are the sides of case flush without a recessed area and why is there no provisions for an oil fill hole in the sides??
Also why is the rear cover attached with a bunch of flat head counter sunk screws instead of the typical 4 10mm bolts??
gjf   +1y
Mercedes Benz have always had a lot of brackets and accessories on their motors compared to the norm. I use to make custom power steering hoses and A/C lines for a local Mercedes shop when I worked at a hydraulic company years ago. the A/C lines were always in tight spaces and bulky. I used some parts of the original line and the rest custom. The shop loved them as they were better built, more compact and a lot cheaper than the factory lines. I would take a stab at the differences to be a Mercedes specific thing.
Page 1 of 1