Page 1 of 2
Dually Wheels Tires \  9/34-16 SS narrows

9/34-16 SS narrows

Dually Wheels Tires Dually Tech
views 2474
replies 10
following 4

chrismtvt   +1y
Hey y'all this is my first post on here and I have a few questions regarding an 83' GM dually chassis. I want to run 34 in tsl narrows all the way around as well as I'd like to run after market aluminum wheels ... My questions: would I need spacers ? And my current wheels are "loose" fitting being off a newer dodge but as the rig is barely moved I centered them using tooth picks lol as a good enough to move it around the yard and ended up driving 1000miles on them like that ... I the fronts are stock so I planed to run then as inner duals but do I need hi centric outers & fronts or can I run lug centric ?

My dually is a bit ... Abnormal for this site... I own a 1983 Winnebago Brave 22br 454bbc th400 transmission and a 4.10:1 final ratio which equates to a gas guzzling monster on the inerstate. The old girl has 54,xxx original miles so I'm not afraid to travel with her I just don't like the constant use of the High rpms so to reduce highway rpm and possibly increase Mpgs I'd like larger tires and why not slap some traction in the mix while were at it !!!
someotherguy   +1y

Gear. Vendors. Overdrive. Done.

Richard
chrismtvt   +1y
By loose I simply mean that they are hub centric and the dodge wheels have a center hole ~1/4" larger ... They aren't gonna fall off but if not centered right the make her rock side to side taking off but it goes away by 30mph (can't feel it) lol sorry if I miss led you
someotherguy   +1y
I hear you, but what kind of lug nuts do they use? Flat integral washer style, or conical seat? If they're not conical seat and you're not hub centric, your wheels aren't secure.

Richard
chrismtvt   +1y
They are hub centric with a plate that bolts on using conical seat nuts .... Bu I'm fully prepared to purchase longer studs and new lug must bc the wheels I've chosen the nuts are exposed and I don't want 8 rusty nuts holding on chrome wheels ... It's a bit of "OCD" I guess or what ever you wanna call it it just bugs me if they were closed end I'd sand them and paint them black but there not so I gotta get closed any way ....
krewzlo   +1y
For the love of god, stop driving it until you get new wheels. The plates don't center the wheel, and when the wheel does start to move a little especially at speed you nuts may loosen and or break of the studs. Hub centric wheels are just that, hub centric, if the hub bore is not the same don't run them. Or if possible have some rings made that will take up the space. Not only for your safety but the others on the road that may get hit or a rogue wheel blazing through their yard or sidewalk would mess up someone's day.
chrismtvt   +1y
I understand your concern and this is why I'm asking the questions about the wheels ... We are getting a little off topic I want to run 9/34-16 on my rig WITH NEW ALUMINUM WHEELS. Will I need to space them out or will I be able to just slap them on ? Has any one run these tires ? I was also considering a back up set of 35x10.50-16 boggers but the RV isn't 4x4 yet so boggers would be over kill and once it's 4x4 it won't be a dually I'll be running a 1400-20 ... But that's also off topic ..
krewzlo   +1y
I can't help you as I don't have a clue of what 9/34-16 narrows are.
noclrnce   +1y
9/34-16 narrow is reference to a tire made by Interco (Super Swamper). It is a 34 inch tall tire by 9 inches wide on a 16 inch wheel.
krewzlo   +1y
Ahhh, might be hard to get help with those here, very few here are into 4wd or lifted trucks. Most of us have lowered duallys.