Page 1 of 1
Dually Wheels Tires \  aluminum rims

aluminum rims

Dually Wheels Tires Dually Tech
views 1325
replies 3
following 2

thelangfordman   +1y
hey guys i just bought 6 rims and the guys at the shop were saying that the supplier said if you use all aluminum on the back it voids the warranty. and that your suppose to use steel on the inner's have you ever hear of this? and also that ill need new studs and axles will have to be pulled so around an extra 5-6 hundred bucks. any info would be great thanks
krewzlo   +1y
What kind and size of wheels? I have never seen anyone run all 6 aluminum in anything but 22 & 24" semis. I am assuming this is not what you are running as with semis, the adapters have the long studs in the rear for the dual aluminum wheels.
thelangfordman   +1y
they are eagle alloy series 058 dually 16" , and i have the goodyear duratrac rubber on them, i want the alloy all around cause ill have to rotate them and + its the details that catch the eye. is there a reason why people dont run all aluminum? other than cost
krewzlo   +1y
You will find that you will only rotate the front ones side to side and the same with the back. Unless you are taking them off all the time to polish the back sides they won't stay as nice and won't want to rotate them anyways. You can't see the inside rears so no one really runs all 6 plus those ones will be dull and pitted in no time from not being able to polish them. Are they even designed to be run either on the back or front? Are they a tapered lug nut? The kmc slams I had years ago could only be run either on the front or back, couldn't rotate them as they were directional as well.

I don't know that I would want the stress on the studs being that long for both aluminum wheels, they are relatively small diameter studs for that kind of length. When people run all 6 semi wheels the studs are much bigger diameter. Depending on the clearance between the two wheels and the thickness of the wheels you might be able to mill a little off the faces to save a little thickness but not sure on those wheels if it can be done safely. On semi wheels they face mill them 3/8" on each to narrow the width 1.5" overall on the rear.
Page 1 of 1