Page 1 of 2
Central \  houston?

houston?

Central Events
views 3283
replies 11
following 4

stroker52   +1y
any car shows going on in houston that there bring there duallys out to?
stroker52   +1y
where are all the houston guys at? its summer time it would be cool to check out some duallys at a car show..
someotherguy   +1y
Dunno man but the closer they are to the NW side the better so my '58 can make it without stalling out.

Richard
stroker52   +1y
ive look back on some topic's on here and seen there was a few houston folks on here with some nice trucks. i know there not just setting lol.. i like to see LIL J truck or know if he is going to a show but he hasnt been on in a while..

whats up with your truck?
someotherguy   +1y
Aw just the typical 6.5 turbodiesel b.s., pretty sure the injection pump is no good. It's "neighborhood"-drivable as long as the batteries have a full charge so I can get it restarted when it eventually stalls out. Need to replace the pump...plans are to convert to mechanical injection, etc.

Richard
stroker52   +1y
have you found a pump yet? or you just not in a hurry to get it done..
someotherguy   +1y
The setup is from a '94 so it's electronic, to convert to mechanical I need a whole pile of parts. Trying to source them all at once or as many at once as possible so I'm not sitting here with the job half done and waiting on parts.

Richard
stroker52   +1y
i will see what i can find for you i got some freinds in the used auto parts.. give me a list of parts your looking for and a year.
someotherguy   +1y
Thanks, I've already found pretty much everything I need, the main expense is the pump and the one I'm getting was rebuilt not long ago. The mechanical pumps were only used for a couple years so they're a little tougher to come by than the electronic controlled pos that came out in '94.

It's kind of ironic how this is all playing out because it wasn't that long ago I used to own and operate a salvage yard that dealt strictly in 88-98 GM fullsize truck parts and I HAD these f'in parts right there at my shop, on a '93 3500HD that was a 6.5TD. Sold the complete engine (cracked heads) as a core, for about the value of the pump.

Richard
stroker52   +1y
no shit thats messed up lol.. the things you think "hell i dont need that" aways down the road you need at some point.. i love the OBS truck and could have had a field day in your yard when i was building my 96 LS truck.. i changed it over to a auto trans from the 5speed but put it all back to stock looking.. LKQ (pick-a-part) was my 2nd home for a few days lol

im still in the air on if i want to build a square or a OBS dually.. im still looking for a dually but i like both bodys so it makes it hard to buy just yet..