Page 1 of 3
Dually Audio/Interior \  updating the dash

updating the dash

Dually Audio/Interior Dually Tech
views 6460
replies 29
following 9

keldig   +1y
has anyone changed there dashboard to the newer style say a 94 to a 98??

what was it like (how hard or ez)

also from the 94 and below up to what year can be exchanged with out a lot of effort??
dragnasty   +1y
Locks truck has a dash swap. I know the ac stuff will be slightly different as well as some of the wiring. The steering columns are different of course also.
lockone   +1y
It is a pain in the ass...Add some wires change some mounts, new column, and changing the gauge cluster is the hardest part...
88-94 are the same square style dash and 95-99 are the same rounded dash.

I have a whole blue tweeded interior out of an 88 model for 300 if you want it. There are some pics in the misc. section I think.
dragnasty   +1y
Always trying to make a sale! That blue tweed interior is getting almost as popular as the hot tub! :d
maz89   +1y
pig rig   +1y
I'm in the prosses of doing my 88 when it comes back from paint and I get it put together I'LL post pic's
keldig   +1y
going to look around to see who in my area wants to take on that job because i don't. yeah pig let me know how it goes. and thanks Lock but if you come across a 95 and up dash i'm looking.
lockone   +1y
Got all of it here...Even got one that is smoothed and painted.
bdydrped   +1y
yea i did mine from a 94 cab to a 98 dash and its a pain in the ass..... i still havent gotten my a/c and blower stuff working right.
someotherguy   +1y
No offense to y'all that like the newer interior but I've owned trucks wtih both styles and I have to say I prefer the old interior by a long shot.

The seats in the 95-up aren't as comfortable, they don't hold up as long, the interior door handles break easily, there are NO usable cupholders and no decent way to mount any, the steering wheel sucks and it costs mega to get an aftermarket one since fewer companies make wheels that go on the airbag type column, the guts of that newer column are a real drag wiring-wise with all kinds of failures, the A/C controls seem to fail WAY more often, the window switches seem to fail sooner ... what else am I forgetting?

Gimme a 94-down interior with buckets or a 60/40, the accessory cupholder under the radio, and I'm set.

Pardon my rant, I've just suffered in the interiors of a 96 and a 98 that were all jacked up, while the interiors in my 92 and 94 have held up beautifully over the years and are way more comfortable.. TO ME.

Richard