Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  Troubleshooting HID's On My 2000 Dually

Troubleshooting HID's On My 2000 Dually

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1587
replies 6
following 3

503majestics   +1y
Ok so first of all i never thought it was going to be this difficult to run hid's on this truck lol, it all has something to do with the daytime running lights on these trucks, ive been all over the net gathering up info on how to bypass this but im still having problems, i already tried taking off the fuse on the side of the dash and all that causes is for my parking lights not to come on, i also took off a module thats underneath the dash and nothing. So if anyones experienced this before and can shine some light on how you went about doing it please help out. Thanks
someotherguy   +1y
Helps if you post what kind of truck besides the year but I looked back about a dozen posts of yours and saw it's a GMT400 (88-98 Chevy).

Sounds like you pulled the wrong fuse. Fuse 15 is for the DRL's, that would be 3rd row from the top, 3rd fuse from the left, on the dash panel.

Besides that if you didn't get a relay harness, get one, best under $15 you'll spend on running HID's on a truck like this. Otherwise look forward to burnt out wiring, headlight switch, etc.

Richard
krewzlo   +1y
What exactly is the problem? I didnt shut off my drl on my 2000 and they work fine. I am running harnesses though. Do they work if you have the headlight switch on? Is the issue only when the drl are on?
someotherguy   +1y
Might be just a tiny bit too much of a voltage drop if the DRL's are working properly (DRL's are supposed to not burn at full brightness), and also if not running a relay harness.

But yeah being a little more specific about what's not working...if they don't work at all, then it's probably simply flipped polarity at the power to the ballast, very typical with HID kits, turn the plug around.

Richard
503majestics   +1y
Lol my fault for not being specific on the problem. The truck is a obs 2000 3500 the issue im having with the lights is that the pass side works but not the drivers, right away i thought it was the hid bulb so then swapped bulbs and nothing, swapped balast nothing, all wires, still nothing but pass side come on no problem, then thought it was my trucks pigtail harness plugged the stock light back in and works no problem. So then i did a research on this and it lead me to the drl's and thats where im at now.
someotherguy   +1y
Did you try reversing the polarity on the power to the ballast, on the side that's not working?

Richard
503majestics   +1y
Thanks for the input guys, finally got to mess with it again yesterday and come to find out it was just the plug that connects to the ballast was backwards lol. So i flipped it and both sides work fine now.
Page 1 of 1