threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  Getting dually w/ 22" semi wheels to tuck inside?

Getting dually w/ 22" semi wheels to tuck inside?

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 9956
replies 9
following 4

7.3 havoc   +1y
Would like to find out how or what is the most common way to get my now static dropped 2000 F-350 DRW to tuck semi 22" wheels when I get around to full air and 22" semi wheels with lopro tires (not too low).
Would it be a SRW axle swap or wide dually fender conversion (ie: Dually Fender USA or Street Scene wide fenders), and are the fenders nice and thick, pics if you have these? I would like to see pic from the rear of truck if possible.
Thanks for any input or pics that you could provide
7.3 havoc   +1y
Anyone?? 49 views and not a single reply, I was really hoping to get at least one or two members that might have some input? Maybe when this post goes over 100 views?
krewzlo   +1y
Not many ford guys on here... Ask for a chevy and you would have tons of replies.
7.3 havoc   +1y

Just figured that there are some simularities of diff brand dually's. That if your gona run 22's it's going to be X amount of inches wider than your stock wheels, so how does or what does a dually owner do to deal with the xtra width??? Ford, Chevy or Dodge shaved semi wheels and adaptors add alot of width to our trucks. I just wanted an idea of what other ownwers have done to attain wheel and tire coverage.
gjf   +1y
Front wheels when installed with the adapters and all, are literally the same width as the stock. Most want them to be inset a little more, so shorter arms or converting to SRW hubs and lengthening the factory arms or fabricating new arms. The rear is a different story. You can go with stock inside steels and match the tire diameter to the OD of the 22's and run tow nasties (Tennessee Wheel & Tire) on the rear and have almost stock width. If you want to run all four 22's in the rear you will need to narrow your rear end to your desired inset. By doing this you will need to cut the bed wheel tubs and so the tires can come in closer. Or.... You can mount the 22's as is and widen the rear fenders. You can also have the rears shaved 3/8 of the face and gain 3/4 less width overall per side. Just depends what look you want meaning ride ride and stance, and, how much effort your willing to put into it.
gjf   +1y
Try doing a search on the Reyes Bros. truck. It is the same model as yours. He has a full custom suspension with a Chevy front end fitted to it. It was also feature in Truckin. It is a very nice example of a Ford done right.
7.3 havoc   +1y

Thank's GJF for the reply, I have been on the phone and web looking into this alot since my initial posting. I did find the Reyes bro. build and it was very helpful, again thank you!
I was able to get some ideas, measurments and have just today ordered my new set of Alcoa's from Lockone (Trevor ) at Tennessee Wheel & Tire. I ordered the Alcoa Classic's, 22" & 24" rear and will run these until I can think up a unique design or see something Trevor has that I can't live without. I also need time to recover from dropping that much on wheels and tires!!!!
dropt350   +1y
Late reply here but I have the same issue. 3/5 drop on a 2005 F350. I got the 24's and they stick out a tad over 2" per side. I got the street scene big boy fenders yesterday and they are supposed to be a bolt on part but they are far from it. Actually gonna call them today and see whats up. They dont fit at all. I'm pretty bummed.
7.3 havoc   +1y

Wow, I had wanted to use those same fenders! What was the problem with them and in what way did they not fit, I wanted the 4" wide version buy now I am rethinking buying those. How did you solve the fitment issues? Do you have any pics of what they look like.
dropt350   +1y
Sorry no pics but the body seam where the fender meets the bedside had about an inch gap. I couldn't bend them or force them to fit nor could the guy that laid them up for SS. Finally got a refund from Stillen. I'm looking into the tuck adapters from American force now. They apparently narrow your wheels 2" per side. Can anybody confirm that? Either that or I'm gonna bite the bullet and tub the rear fender wells and chop my axle.
Page 1 of 1