Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  88-98 Wire harness through the firewall questions

88-98 Wire harness through the firewall questions

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1053
replies 2
following 2

gjf   +1y
How do you guys that tubed the front. Dealt with the big square plug through the firewall? Do you cut the square plug off? Any input? Thanks
krewzlo   +1y
I relocoted mine to under the dash and just brought the wires through the firewall higher up. I had to extend them though. Probably should have just eliminated the plug now that I look back on it.
gjf   +1y
Thanks Krewzlo, I end up moving the whole plug up and over where the clutch master would go on a manual truck. I actually could see the indention for it when I took the insulation off. Incidentally I also took the whole relay bridge that is under the dash that the plug connects too and moved it up and over too. I even put the factory screws back in the new location. Didn't have to extend the wires except for the single wire that goes to the parking brake from the relay bridge. On the passenger side I did what you said but didn't have to extend those wires either. Didn't want too as the ECU harness has way more wires than the drivers side. I did however catch the back of the A/C blower motor housing on fire! That! Was fun.....;(
Page 1 of 1