Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  Exterior door handles

Exterior door handles

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1097
replies 5
following 2

short1   +1y
Ive got a 1987 CC Dually and started to block sand for the final paint. But i ran into the problem of the door handles. Is there a special way to get these door handles off? Any info would be greatly appricated.
bk2life   +1y
two screws and a clip.
short1   +1y
i appricate it. The clip is at the bottom of the metal rod down in the door right? it looks like a pin in the ass to get to and to put it back on after paint.
short1   +1y
Ok so i've trying for about two hours to get the Clip off. How in the hell do you get to the clip. I wedged a flat head screwdriver between the rod and the door piece. all it does is bend the metal. Their has to be a way to get these handles off.
bk2life   +1y

Not sure what is giving you such a problem. Is your interior door panel off for more access?

Sometimes I undo the 3 screws and undo the latch as well.

But listen to this, if you are having this much of a hard time removing them, you are guaranteed a scratch when reinstalling. So put longer screws in the door handle, and space them out an inch or so for paint.
short1   +1y
Thanks for the info. You are right. Im just going to space them out with longer bolts and spray it. I dont need any scratches. Thanks again
Page 1 of 1