Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  Front end swap: 89 to a 77

Front end swap: 89 to a 77

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1611
replies 6
following 3

mike805   +1y
So I bought Campy's front end and I want to put it on my 89. I like the single headlight and side trim for a 2 tone paint scheme. Anyway, has anyone done this swap? I have the core support and everything, I'm just wondering how difficult it is and what mods I'm going to have to do. Any ideas?
jcampbell1180   +1y
Should just bolt on. I know to go from old to new, you need to notch the cowl for the hood hinges, but as far as I know, there
mike805   +1y
Sweet! Thanks
greasy   +1y
Anyone tried just swapping fenders without changing hood, cowl, and rad support?
mike805   +1y
No, I went ahead and did the whole thing. Still in progress, definitely a bolt on except for the core support mounts. They have to be moved forward. My only issue is it seems like I've lost some hood clearance but it should be the other way around. We'll see what happens when I move the mounts and put the bushings on.
jcampbell1180   +1y
I didn't know the cs mounts needed to be moved? Got any pics?
mike805   +1y
I read about it over on 67-72. I'll grab some cell pics of where they are currently at to give you a better idea. Might have to trim the frame a little for the older style front bumper as well but we'll see.
Page 1 of 1