threads
Page 1 of 2
Dually Exterior \  Steel big rig wheels?

Steel big rig wheels?

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 9615
replies 16
following 12

bagged dually   +1y
Does anyone know what the story is with these steel big rigs?? They look like 22" steel wheels, but how did they cut them down?? Can you buy a straight 22" steel wheel somewhere?
thread post photo
green monster   +1y
I believe that those are 22.5 steels with 22 inch tires stretched over them. Definately not recommended!
bagged dually   +1y
I hadn't even thought about that. I guess that would be the obvious, yet unsafe, way. I just thought maybe there was some body out there stamping out steel 22's or something. Someone needs to. they'd make a nice chunk of change I bet. A set of steel 22's would be great for building and mocking up without having to worry about screwing up your billet's. Hell it would even be great for the people who want to run 22's but don't have 4g's laying around.
linkenhoker123   +1y
I would kill for a set of steel 22's. I love the look of the steelies.
someotherguy   +1y
Without question, those are 22" tires stretched over 22.5" wheels, the guy that owned that truck was/is on here and it was discussed many times. Very unsafe...but fine for the "who cares" crowd right?

Richard
huck   +1y
Those boys at t&n wheel can cut you some outa aluminum then you could powder coat them and Walla same look on a safe wheel
getsum   +1y
Couldn't Tn Wheel cut a set down to 22?
Threadjack alert....
I like the front clip on that blue truck, any info on how big a pita it was to do?
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming....
someotherguy   +1y
Steel rim doesn't have the excess material necessary to be milled down. It's been asked a bunch, Trevor probably does a face palm every time it gets mentioned.

I think he was in talks with some people about producing brand new steel 22/24's but it's hard to get manufacturers interested in small runs of things like that.

Richard
getsum   +1y
Surely a steel 24.5 could be cut to 22? Or am I missing something here?
And wtf is the deal with the small font all of a sudden?
wide load c-30   +1y
Steel wheels are to thin to be milled down.