Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  Sliding Rag Top Questions

Sliding Rag Top Questions

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 2643
replies 8
following 5

rick ross   +1y
I am looking at a dually that has one. Do they leak alot? Are they noisy when its closed? I am in snow country so I have kinda figured a way to keep it from caving in from snow. I was thinking plexiglass with 4-8 suction cups attached somehow. Hopefully I can get a beater before the weather gets bad. Anybody riding on 265-35s in the snow?
big bear   +1y
i have a 35x35 sliding rag on my ext cab sonoma. i love it. theres a few debates and threads on here about that. its you either love or hate them. me personally, love it. mine does get noisy at times going down road. only time it leaks is if it rains so much on it and it soaks through the top . that happened few times to me before i had shop.
lockone   +1y
If they are installed correctly they can be mostly leak proof. On the other side, just about all of them leak at one point in time and are noisy at highway speeds.
big daddy caddy   +1y
Depends on the quility of the rag top also.

I have had one on my truck for 5-6 years.
Seats great and does make some noise, and I almost never get wet.

The one I bought is canvas, this was a factory left over from a european car company. Bought it from streetbeat customs.

Ron
got6wls   +1y
I have a ragtop bug, it has no leaks, the trucks in the past we have installed them in all have there own issues.. Minor adjustments make a huge difference when putting these in.
rick ross   +1y
Well the deal fell thru on the truck today anyway. He wanted my 04 Avalanche and 2k. GOT6WLS thanks for lookin at that dually for me. I can still go get that one.
got6wls   +1y
Its still here I drove by it 20 mins ago, and it is sharp.
rick ross   +1y
Yeah I know its still there. He is not advertising it for sale. The other one I was trying to get was ssiiiiiccckkk! 01, caddy clip, 22s, 4 12s, bagged, raised bed floor, sliding rag, interior done, low miles. Am man Im getting depressed again just talking about it. Shoot me your cell and I will send you pics to post if you want. Mine is 954 243 6277
rick ross   +1y
Got that dually!! Lots of problems but lots of work already done.Top is awful. I am currently trying to put a piece of plexiglass in for the winter then figure it out next spring. One of my neighbors told me about some caulk type sylicone that comes off in one piece.Might do that. I will figure out the picture thing soon. You guys will love this thing!
Page 1 of 1