Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  Moving The Mirrors.... Need Some Replacement Help

Moving The Mirrors.... Need Some Replacement Help

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1237
replies 6
following 4

cowboyprotectionunit   +1y
K.....Here's The Back Story.... My 88 GMC Classic Crew Cab Dually, Has The UGLY TRIPOD MIRROR'S.... and I'm Replacing Them..... With Something............ Thinking of Moving them to the vents window location... SO I called the Local Parts Recylers (United Auto Recyclers, here in Omaha)

Kinda not wanting to help a guy with some Questions Out........ GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.. I wanna Swap Out the Tripod Mirrors On The Truck... With Mirrors Placed in the Vents..... I know What I Want But Not the Exact Years of The Vehicles..... Guy on the Phone "sorry Guy I can't help ya... We do have a Self Service area you can Come and pull parts from...." ME "I told you all The Mirrors off the Chevy/Gmc are 07 or newer.... I know about the U-pull-it.... them vehicles are 10yrs old or OLDER... and I'm Not sure bout the years the folding Mirrors are on the Dodge's or The Extending Mirrors on The Ford Super Duty's........ "

So can Someone help me out with the Years For the Folding Dodge Heavy Duty Mirrors and the Year Ford Changed Body Styles from the 94-96 f-150 body style to the start of this current body shape.....
got6wls   +1y
The mirrors you are looking for were specific for 89-91 Suburban and K5 Blazers. They mount just below the the vent wing support post. I had them on my 86 and have another pair of the mounts that use a common mirror housing for Astros and C/K series trucks.
thread post photo

Not my truck but the mirrors are the same. Remember they are specific and hunting them down is tough. They came in power and manual. Good luck!!! Dont put Ford mirrors on a Chevy, Anyone can tell where they came from.
yeah I know bout them....Not Really Worried about the Jaw Jackers Talking... What I'm thinkin of doing is replacin the Vents With Aluminum.... and Placing Mirror's in the Vent Window Location...... With Some Custom Work
big bear   +1y
i like those burban mirrors alot. whats involved to mount them on a square? do you have to make a bracket or alter anything? and hmm, your idea cowboy seems interesting.
My Idea is.... Well ... Kinda Like, Well We're All Car Guys Here... ,ya Remember the Show "Wrecks To Riches" With Barry White of Barry's Speed Shop......Classic Cars With Top Of The Line Modern Stuff.... I'd Kinda Like To Do Some of That.... What GMC/Chevy Would Have Used IF they had the ability in that era
bigcow94   +1y
thread post photo

are these the ford mirrors you're talking about? if so they can be found on 99-07? superdutys. the dodge towing mirrors are on the 03 and up if i remember correctly
Yuppers Thats the kind! Thanks for the Info! I'll be Sure and keep ya'll posted on the decision an the what it looks like after its all said and done
Page 1 of 1