Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  Seam sealer or something else

Seam sealer or something else

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1219
replies 4
following 4

short1   +1y
I attached my rear fenders and seam sealed them. The problem im having is that the seam sealer is cracking out. All along the where the fender meets the bed on both sides. What else could i use? I dont want to shoot the finish paint and have it crack too. Is there some other kind of product i could use?
bk2life   +1y
your bedsides are metal, your fenders are "plastic" i wouldn't try to attach them to the body, your going to crack no matter what.

pull them back about 1/2 inch, paint your ride, let it dry then reattach. but it take alike a month for paint to dully cure..
lockone   +1y
We usually just use some type of a rubber gasket (like the one sold with fender flare kits) on them if anything at all.
short1   +1y
Oh ok. my fenders are fiberglass. i didnt post that in the begining. its an 87 chevy. But i see what you guys are saying. thanks for the input.
dat dood   +1y
I agree with these guys. Don't try to mold your fenders to the bedsides on a driver. Of course, I refuse to mold ANYTHING on a driver. I've never seen it hold up over the long haul. Maybe on a SHOW ONLY rig, but no way I'd do it on a street rig.
Page 1 of 1