Page 1 of 2
Dually Exterior \  Fiberglass help for fenders

Fiberglass help for fenders

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 6528
replies 15
following 6

4u2nv   +1y
So I somehow damaged my rear passenger side fender and I need some fiberglass experienced help or another fender. I've been searching the yards for fenders to no avail and its getting frusterating driving my dually with a big @ss hole in the fender. Have any ideas or does anyone have enough experience to fix the hole?
thread post photo

thread post photo
big bear   +1y
ouch....to bad you werent closer to ohio. a local yard about two weeks ago had 3 rear fenders for ya.
big bear   +1y
not that that helps ya lol
bk2life   +1y
looks like its been repaired before..

go to home depot, get some glass and resin, read the directions, dive in.

its not hard, its a 15 minute job.

but then there is body work.

fix hole first then find a buddy who can bondo and fix it
giovanni   +1y
hmm I think I have a extra bed with fenders still n shaved gate? Hmmm How much u want to spend ?
4u2nv   +1y
I would tackle it myself, but the problem is that body line. I think I would only make it worse if I attempted to fix it myself. Just sucks its right at the body line.
4u2nv   +1y
Well I def. dont need the bed, nor do I have a place for it, but if your willing to part with just the fender, I'd pay $50.
liljlowrider   +1y
ummmm you should probably keep looking for a fender.... thats a bad repair. i wouldnt repair that fenders for less than 300 bucks.... thats needs alot of work
4u2nv   +1y
I'd pay $300 to get it fixed actually. Thats a pretty fair price for that work for sure. Just have to find a doner fender.
muskratt2   +1y
I'll be honest with you. I love to do fiberglass work & do a lot of it, but that one's going to be a hard one.
Me, I'd look for a used one , which would be mission impossible, or if GM still sells them I'd buy a new one.
Hey there's also nothing wrong with getting somebody like liljlowrider to fix it, but I'm like him I wouldn't do it for any less the $300 for what's involved because your basically building everything from scratch. It can be done but it will be time consuming!