views 3471
replies 12
following 7

snapdaddy   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

Picked me up some 24" today and I have a few questions
There going on a 80 cc dually with a 6/8 drop
I want to run one 24 and one 16 on the back will I need to run a c&c rearend or can I use the stock rearend with out modifing the rear fenders

What size tire should I run on the 24 and on the 16
Do I need to have the face of the 24 milled down?
wide load c-30   +1y
You can not run the stock rear with stock fenders. Having the faces milled down will help some.
lockone   +1y
You will either need to modify the rear axle or the fenders. It is very close when you just face mill the wheel but they will hit with a 6/8 drop.

There are not many tire sizes that match with both the 24 and 16 but there are a few. I would run a 285/35/24 or something in that range. You could even go down to a 255/30/24 if you wanted but they are rubber bands.
snapdaddy   +1y
Thanks right now ok the 16 I'm running a 215/85/16 will the 285/35/24 match that. What bout a 305/35/24

When I take it in to get milled do I need to tell them to just face mill them or do I need to tell them how much to take off I'm taking it to a got in Oklahoma city I've been told he has done a lot of semi wheels for duallys

Lockone- I pm you bout adaptors
krewzlo   +1y

go here and you can calculate tire sizes yourself.
lockone   +1y
The 215/85/16 is 30.39" tall and you will need to be within a tenth of an inch to prevent any odd tire ware. A 275/30/24 is going to be the closest you will get to matching the 16" you have. Most other 24" tires will be around 32" tall.

3/8" is the normal we take off the faces of these wheels. In some cases you can take 1/2" off if you have an Accuride style wheel with the thicker flanges.

PM coming right back to you.
snapdaddy   +1y
Who can mill them down I was going to use a guy in okc but I guess his machine is down is there anyone in Missouri or the dfw area I'm in amarillo tx but I'm going on vacation Saturday to Missouri

I have 7 24" semis but I'm only going to use four
should I try to sell the others as is or go ahead and get them milled down
lockone   +1y
I do it about everyday, but I am not close to any of your destinations.
snapdaddy   +1y
DNS Tool, LLC
12029 Denton Drive
Dallas, TX 75234
972-241-5263

found this place ill going to see if i can make it to drop them off there......
truckzilla   +1y
Hey lockone, has anyone that you know of done a YouTube of the milling? It would be a kick to see it done. Oh, and thanks for the lead on using a C10 C notch on my C20/30. I am going to swap out the back halves of a donor C10 with my C20 dually and the notch will be just right.