Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  Shitbox power door locks sticking

Shitbox power door locks sticking

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1257
replies 3
following 4

krewzlo   +1y
On my dually the power locks work when they feel like it, some days all will work, somedays none, sometimes half or one. Its not that they arent getting power as they try but they dont go all the way to either lock or unlock it. I am thinking the latches are just gummed up but figured i would see if you guys have had this issue before i tear apart the doors

Any suggestions?
lockone   +1y
I have had problems with the actual door switches and the door lock actuators over the years.
tuckin22   +1y
i had that problem in mine and i replaced the actuators. never happened again.
someotherguy   +1y
A very simple thing to check is the plastic sliders that twist into the inner door skin; the actuator rods slide through them and they have a little lube that gets gummed up over the years. It's worth a shot to pop your door panel off, gently pry the rods out of the sliders, clean them off with brake cleaner sprayed onto a paper towel and then apply a little fresh white lithium grease, pop them back in and work back and forth a few times.

When I bought my '94 they were so gummed up I thought I was going to break the key off in the lock, a simple clean and relube and they worked perfectly afterwards.

Richard
Page 1 of 1