Page 1 of 2
Dually Exterior \  Front end swap from an 87 to 88-91 suburban

Front end swap from an 87 to 88-91 suburban

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 3758
replies 11
following 8

short1   +1y
I have an 87 c-c dually and i got a 91 parts suburban. Im want to do a front end swap so i removed the front end of the burb and pulled the wiring harness. But the harness is not the same as the one on my truck. Can i just cut the two harnesses and wire in to my old one? Or is there a wiring kit to do the swap? Any help would be appricated. Thanks
cubicdollars   +1y
I just cut the wires on mine and spliced them to the stock harness, the wire colers are the same and it workes great.

short1   +1y
I think im gonna do that too. So it should be a fairly easy swap right?
xtowtruck   +1y
yeah i did it to my truck and like Cubicdollars said they all are the sae colour just splice and enjoy. good luck with the swap oh yeah and PICS! lol
short1   +1y
Since my CC is an 1987 the core support from the donor 1991 suburban looks the same. Well except for the lights. But the core supports looks exactly the same so it should just bolt right up right?
dentman   +1y
core suport will bolt right in your wiring is your only hurdle so as xtow says splice and enjoy
luv2xclr8   +1y

X2
big bear   +1y
have fun with swap man..shouldnt be bad. pics x3 lol
slammed79   +1y
You actually may be able to take the wiring from the bulkhead of the donor and swap it into your truck. Not sure of thats an option for you, and I'm only about 75% sure it will work, but it'd be faster.
short1   +1y
Just wrapped up the front end swap. Easier than i thought it would be. I had to splice the harnesses together and tuck it back into the wire loom. Actually looks pretty good. I will post some pics as soon as i can.