threads
Page 1 of 2
Dually Exterior \  How do you put 03HD front end on a 99 truck??

How do you put 03HD front end on a 99 truck??

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 5972
replies 12
following 9

foushee   +1y
Whats it take to do the 03 Hd conversion on a 99 bodystyle truck?
lockone   +1y
Fenders from the 99 truck and the whole clip from the 03. Splice fenders together and use 03 core support. There are other ways to do it but this way is how we have done all of them at the shop.
ak?s-r-us   +1y

would you happen to have any pics??

of all the conversions i have found...some are spliced to include the 2/3's of the wheel opening and others graft the fenders above the top bodyline.... more than anything im curious about the hood, and if it needs to be sectioned width wise
psylent   +1y

There is a build on here that briefly describes this mod. The hood is sectioned almost three inches which is cool because when doing it you also remove the body lines from the hood. Removing the body lines help the alignment of the grafting of the hoods.

The thread I was talking about

My thread on starting my conversion, I stopped once I got my wheels and plan on getting back to it once the fenders are all widened.
ak?s-r-us   +1y
i saw that thread, that way is by far the easiest way, but it wont get me the extra hood clearance for the b/d....

i am thinking something like this...
thread post photo

im even leaning towards this tahoe clip if i send back the gmc hood and grill

thread post photo
58deluxerag   +1y
damn both of those look nice as hell.
lockone   +1y
I may have some pics on the computer somewhere. Will try and find some to post.
luv2xclr8   +1y
I hate Red, but I'm Luv'n that pic
psylent   +1y
I was thinking about changing up the hood to the HD style, that might give you the clearance you are looking for.

bhb   +1y
thread post photo