Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  Dulley bed or regular

Dulley bed or regular

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1691
replies 5
following 5

jayslow   +1y
ok well im new to this site and i am now in the process of restoring my 1979 crew cab long bed dually. The bed is in pretty bad shape where the fenders mount to the bed but fenders are in great shape.

Option 1 is to pick up a mint 86 dually long bed with no rust at all. Guy is asking $500 OBO

Option 2 is pick up a regular long bed and mount my dually fenders to it. Guy is asking $200 for bed.

What would you do?
xtowtruck   +1y
Personally buy the reg bed if it's in good enough shape for what you need and make a template out of paper or cardboard to drill the reg bed sides to fit the flares. save some money if you don't need new flares.
dropd80s   +1y
Yeah but if you need the flares I would pick up the dually bed, fo sho.
lockone   +1y
If you need the fenders buy the dually bed.

If your fenders are in good shape just buy the fleetside bed.
someotherguy   +1y
Dunno what square fenders and beds sell for these days but if you've got the cash go buy that nice dually bed and stash your good fenders for later. That stuff is hard to find in good condition.

Richard
jayslow   +1y
Well i picked up the complete, rust free and already painted black bed. This bed is in perfect condition. Now all i have to do is fix a rocker on the cab and get it painted black. if anyone is interested in a set of fenders let me know.
Page 1 of 1