Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  what's this called?

what's this called?

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 2987
replies 6
following 5

bigperm   +1y
i know what they are, i know what they do... i just have no idea what you call them.

its the steel wheel rings that go on the stock wheels, and they locate the cone lugnuts on the wheel studs. they also have the little studs to locate the center caps... i need to pick a couple of these up for the front stock dually wheels on my 98 chevy dually, but i dont know what their name is to ask for them.

need some help guys! or... if ya got a couple layin around you dont need, im always taking donations!
jeffs_tonka-toy   +1y
The picture didnt work for me.
but they might be called trim rings?
I know beauty rings are the ones on the outside.
lockone   +1y
You should not need them on the newer style trucks. These were mainly used on the squarebody and older style trucks. I think it they are called centric rings but not positive and I also probably have some lying around.
krewzlo   +1y
Both my 99 and 00 had them, don't think I have any layin around though
someotherguy   +1y
I've always called 'em clamping rings. What they're for is stock wheels that aren't lug-centric - they're hub centric so they have flat lug holes instead of conical seat. You put the rings on, and the rings have like 60 degree conical lug seats that take the stock style lug nuts.

thread post photo

Pretty sure every dually truck in the GMT400 style body uses them with stock wheels. Even my '94 3500HD uses them...in 10 lug.

Richard
Post was last edited on Dec 27, 2011 02:12. This post has been edited 1 times.
bigperm   +1y
thanks guys!

yeah richard, those rings are pretty much exactly what i need, i think....

i'm tryin to put stockers on my truck and collect all the parts and pieces. i got 4 steel wheels from a 80-something squarebody. those came with a pair of those centric rings, and i already had the original 2 inside steelies that came on the truck, so i figure all i need is 2 more centric rings for the front. after that im golden, right?

thanks again!
someotherguy   +1y
Yep...boneyard it, should only cost you a couple bucks if that. An independent type boneyard probably just give them to you. If I still had my shop I had about 8 of these sitting around unused, woulda sent you a couple for nothin'.

Richard
Page 1 of 1