Page 1 of 2
Dually Exterior \  Bed "Ribs"

Bed "Ribs"

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1568
replies 11
following 5

xtowtruck   +1y
Is there a company that makes new bed "ribs" for under neath the beds of 73-87 chevys? mine are rotted clean out and my beds about ready to take a trip :S but the rest of the bed (floor included) is in pretty good shape.... Would hate to buy a new box when i could fix this one? any help would be great!
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
"edit"

i thought lmc would have them , but they dont...
xtowtruck   +1y

i was looking online at there catalog and it seems that they might make them for the sport bed with wood floor.... but not the fleet side?... i might call them to look....
liljlowrider   +1y
yes someone makes sections on bed floor.... i could have sworn it was lmc but i will look through some of the other books i have at my shop.
xtowtruck   +1y

Thankyou very much.. like i said the bed is in pretty good shape just the ribs are litteraly gone... so new ribs=good bed till i do a complete southern bed and cab combo..... that wont be any time soon
lockone   +1y
I know Keystone makes them for the 90-up Chevy trucks but I have not asked about the 89-back bodystyle. I will see what I can find out.
xtowtruck   +1y
any luck? jw
shpaint1   +1y
i believe your asking for the beams that hold between the floor of the box and the frame, if so all of the cheby/gmc trucks of that body use the same ones. almost any wrecking yard will have them and there quite easy to get off with a spot weld cutter in a drill and a small bar.
xtowtruck   +1y

yeah this is true and i would but they are like imposable to find here in canada..... they are usally 99.9% rotten off the truck. i'm going to a wrecker out of town apparently they have a decent one but we will see i guess...i just figured new was easiest with out buying a new or southern box.
lockone   +1y
None for the older style trucks.