Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  Upgrade for headlights

Upgrade for headlights

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1298
replies 5
following 3

wellbilt kustoms   +1y
I'm slowly starting to focus my attention to the exterior of my truck now, and the thing that bothers me the most right now is the gawd aweful, OEM, orangish tint color head lights on there. I don't want to spend a bunch of money and put H.I.D.'s in, what have some of you went with?

Is anyone running those Sylvannia Xtravision lights for there head lights? Also, what's the part number for the head lights? I think its 4656 judging by the size.

Any input, and even better, post up any pics!!!
98crewcab   +1y
Sylvannia Xtravision lights look brighter but also burn out quicker, after spending $50.00 plus for a pair that last 20-25% of the stock bulbs lifetime.....when they burn out, the orange glow won't look bad.......
I think they might last two years max....any other here have the same issues?

here is some mods I seen on craigslist
thread post photo

thread post photo
98crewcab   +1y
this is cool too ,think the dually housing have room for this mod ?
someotherguy   +1y
"Range Rover" conversion F T L

As far as retrofitting real projectors, there have been a couple people over on FSC that did it, the problem is there's not a lot of depth behind the headlight housing so you end up chopping a hole in the core support and doing a bunch of hacking.

Pretty sure WellBilt's talking about his squarebody so he's dealing with sealed beams anyhow, quad stacked sealed beams on the '86 model. There's H4 style glass housings out there for the large single sealed beams, probably some out for the smaller stacked style too. You can retrofit an HID capsule in there easily or just a brighter traditional halogen type capsule.

Richard
wellbilt kustoms   +1y
What do you guys think of these? Apparently it uses an H4 bulb, which would give me many color temp. options.

someotherguy   +1y
I hate that all the aftermarket lights must use that gay clear lens/ribbed reflector look; but if that's the only kind of housing you can find to get the job done of using different/better capsules, then I say go for it. They're cheap enough.. buy a spare or two for the inevitable stone chips, because spares might be hard to find later as aftermarket styles change so often they may not produce those exact ones for very long.

These are the Hella H4 enclosures I was talking about earlier, but these are the larger single sealed beam size. Not sure if they make them in the size that fits your setup.

Richard
Page 1 of 1