Page 1 of 2
Dually Exterior \  Body Lines

Body Lines

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 2248
replies 11
following 7

svrdwgn   +1y
Anyone know the story on why GM didnt have the upper body line extend all the way through the rear pillar of the cab on the crewcab trucks? They have it on the standard cabs and ex cabs, but not the crewcabs? And the pillar is even the same size.... I just added the body lines to mine...
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
duallylaid   +1y
I was told that GM used the platform of the suburban to make the trucks crew cab, when designing the back "cap" for the cab the bodyline was over looked!
okcderek   +1y
Is there somewhere you can buy the cab corner from a standard cab to patch in the bodyline? That is a mod I want to do when I get around to doing bodywork on my truck...
svrdwgn   +1y

Cut them out of a cab at your local junkyard...

I got lucky. A friend of mine got a standard cab to use everything from the body line up (roof, windshield, back window) so he could put it on a c-10. So I got to cut out the body lines before he threw the rest of the cab away...
low95xlt   +1y
if someone gets 2 extra let me know i want to do this too
krewzlo   +1y
On my truck, it is not a straight line from the body line on the door to the one on the bed, It has been this way since I picked it off the lot. The bottom lines match up but the top ones are off just a bit, and if I put them in they would have to be angled a hair. My dads 99 was the same way as well.
svrdwgn   +1y
ahhhhh crap! lol

we put mine in using the front body lines.... beds not on the truck... oh well. see what it looks like after its painted LOL!!!
krewzlo   +1y
thread post photo

Check out this pic, the body lines on the doors are on a different angle then the bed line, also a hair high. It drives me nuts all of the time as it makes my bed look like it isn't mounted right, especially when looking out the side mirrors down the side of the truck.

I always thought this was the reason behind not putting them in the rear pillar. Otherwise why would gm spend the money to make another part when they could just take the post off a standard cab.
98crewcab   +1y
My truck is straight from the cab onto the bed....from day one...
on a flat surface.
have you replaced your cab bushing if they are sagging/compressed?

thread post photo

thread post photo
krewzlo   +1y
My dads and mine were both that way right off the lot brand new, if the bushings were bad, the bottom lines wouldn't match up either, which mine do. Just adds to the mystery of why its not there from the factory.