threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  24.5" wheels for towing?

24.5" wheels for towing?

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1444
replies 7
following 2

gmoney69   +1y
whats up guys , new to the board and had some questions, im looking into a set of 24.5" freightliner wheels with low pro tires, i have a 06 f550 and i tow a pretty heavy trailer around only a couple times a year (25k lbs loaded) and also a 15k lb trailer loaded about once or twice a month but only local..

my first question is, will i need a lift? my 550 sits pretty high, i do have a bed on it, and i also have a 2,5" level kit in the mail..

secound, are these tires ok for towing? or should i put a "big rig" tire on the 24's?

thanks alot guys
lockone   +1y
24" Wheels/tires will be fine for towing. The 25k will almost push them limit but we have haul that payload and beyond for a few hundred miles at a time without any wear or heat issues.
You can put the semi tire on the F550s without a lift (or just a leveling kit) if it is already a 4x4. This would be the way I would go just for the look they accomplish on the 450/550s. This way is a bit more pricey due to the tires.

Is you F550 and 8 lug or a 10 lug?
gmoney69   +1y
there 10 lugs, the guy said the 24's measured 36" with tires and wheels so i dont need a lift, i did buy a level kit to make it stand nicer though..
lockone   +1y
Your 10 lug and the Semi wheel 10 lug pattern are 2 different things. Your pattern is smaller.
gmoney69   +1y
anyone know where i can buy adapaters 10 lug to 10 lug?
gmoney69   +1y
??
lockone   +1y
No one I know of.

If I were to custom build a set they wouldn't be money savvy to buy. Prices would range from 2000 for the set and they would be very thick due to the bolt circle being the same size as the hub bore.
gmoney69   +1y
great i already bought 24" wheels and tires haha, if you find anyone for a reasonable price please let me know!
Page 1 of 1