Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  ***NO TAILLIGHTS,BRAKE LIGHTS, TURN SIGNALS*** ASAP

***NO TAILLIGHTS,BRAKE LIGHTS, TURN SIGNALS*** ASAP

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1822
replies 9
following 4

md3rdgen   +1y
Need help ASAP. MY 99 GMC K3500 crew cab dually keeps blowing the fuse to the turn brake lamp. As soon as i put it in. At first the turn signal one blew but i replaced it and it was fine. then the brake/hazard blew. I replaced it twice and same thing. My headlights work. Just not my turn, hazard, brake and taillight... The turn signal indicator on the dash doesnt even illuminate no r do i hear the flasher...Any ideas? Please help me i dont want to get a ticket nor inspection sticker.
lockone   +1y
On that model the hazard switch is the problem. The break inside and cause some power problems.
md3rdgen   +1y
thanks lock...when u say the hazard switch do u mean the lil button u press? cuz i just replaced the flasher and fuse still blew.. and if that is the problem do you know how to replace em cuz i know the dealership and any lil side shop is goin to kill me with labor charges around here
lockone   +1y
Yeah the little button you push on top of the column. The only correct way I have found to fix the problem is replace the column.
someotherguy   +1y
You can replace the multifunction switch (the whole chunk in there that has the turn signals, high beams, hazard, etc.), it's kind of pricey though. I keep hearing about some people that have found the button itself is available separately too, for a different model, but fits the 95-up shitbox column the same. Wish I knew more on that. It's very, very common for these to be broken.

Richard
md3rdgen   +1y
lock u cant be serious?????the red button on the top of the column????? please tell me ur jokin.... and someotherguy i have cruisecontol so mine is a lil button on top the column...lock knows what im talking about. i hope ..please help me i got a damn repair order today
post photo
kblr elf   +1y
I had the same problem on my 98 tow pig drove me nuts replace the switch and all good you need torx drivers and inverted torx socket peice of cake if you can eat cake you can do it
lockone   +1y
That is it the little red button on the top of the column. The multifunction switch is beneath it and that is the root of all your problems. Pricey but necessary.
md3rdgen   +1y

i cant eat cake cutn weight for military lol...but on a serious note. DO i have to remove the steering wheel? i took the lower portion of the platic covering the column off... BTW guys u know i know little to none about these truck aye im willin to learn and rather do the work myself than take em to the dealership and be charged ridiculously.........WTS and outta the way
post photo
md3rdgen   +1y
ooo and will that fix the BL prblkem too
Page 1 of 1