Page 1 of 2
Dually Exterior \  FENDER FLARE QUESTION

FENDER FLARE QUESTION

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1306
replies 10
following 6

low1ton   +1y
Anybody know if they ever made a fender flare to fit the back dually fenders that will match with the factory front flare on 88-98 trucks? any help please
huskerdually   +1y
I don't think they did.
low1ton   +1y
Does anyone know if a factory rear flare from a fleetside will work on a dually fender? I have seen a few duallys with them on the back but not very often.
skidrow   +1y
im cunfused do u meen stepside?
low1ton   +1y
no I mean just a standard bed not stepside.
huskerdually   +1y

I don't see why not, but I don't know for sure.
someotherguy   +1y
I think the wheel opening is different enough between a single wheel fleetside and a dually that there's no way the factory flare would work, unless you did some heavy modifying. Not trying to discourage you but it seems like if you gotta modify the flare and fender maybe it would have been better to just stretch the fender instead, probably not easier but the end result would look better and be stronger.

You might find a 4x4 in a boneyard that has some you can score cheap and try, or LMC sells them new (chinese garbage) for like $100/ea.

Richard
guilty by design   +1y
I have a set of rear flares im making fit my dually. Theyre just a hair taller than a dually wheel opening so cutting them is a must.
dually502   +1y
I have found some on the net but the flares cost as much as the dually fender.. If you are gonna go with a flare that you have to modify and modify the fender, then why not just mold one on.. I have seen two done this way.
huskerdually   +1y
I stand corrected.