threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  modifications for 22" alcoas???

modifications for 22" alcoas???

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 5087
replies 8
following 5

dually-79   +1y
Hi ,

I want to place my 22"alcoas ,but do i need to make some modifications on my dually ?
it's A 1979 dually with 454 engine and a nose of a '84 ? and is lowered some.

thread post photo
lockone   +1y
You basically have 2 options for wheels on this year model truck.

First is the normal 22s (any style) and they will stick out past your rear fenders anywhere from 1/2-1.5" depending on the package options you select. You will also have to narrow your rearend or widen your rear dually fenders with this option

Second is to run our Townasty wheel package which is made for these model trucks and they work perfect and tuck inside the fenders.

The rear of the truck is the only place that will need any modifications as long as you are just lowered and not bagged or boddied.
dually-79   +1y
I already got wheels they are 22,5" milled to 22" and are 8,5 j wide
thread post photo
erock805   +1y
cool looking wheels...narrow that rear end and youd be goood to go!
candy87ls   +1y
when they mill down 22.5 to 22 where do they cut . i got a set of 22.5 and dont know if i leave them alone i have to run 255/75/22.5 and i cant slam it like i want to
someotherguy   +1y
Wild ass guess is both the inside and outside of the bead are milled about a quarter inch, but you don't want just any machine monkey doing it. Send them to someone that has experience milling down these wheels. Check the Tennessee Wheel & Tire Forum right here on Duallyscene...

Richard
lockone   +1y
A 225/70/22.5 is the smallest tire made for a 22.5 wheel at this point in time and it measures just under 36" tall, so "slamming" it on these tires will be out of the question.

I can handle all of the machine work for you if you want to go that route.
candy87ls   +1y
what does it usually cost to have them milled?
lockone   +1y
PM sent.
Page 1 of 1