Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  body dropping a square body

body dropping a square body

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 2655
replies 4
following 2

csa dad   +1y
how difficult is it to body drop a 83 chevy crew cab an is it possible to lay rocker with just a body drop or do i have to cut the frame height down in order to lay rocker with airbags an how about towing am i still going to be able to tow with the truck i like the way lilj notch is built in the back of his truck but i am going to just run the 16 factor wheels or some small alcoas not the 22.5 .any help would be apprectiated an thanks everybody
huskerdually   +1y
The biggest problem is actually the front crossmember. Once you get it laying frame from front to back then you only need like a 1.5" body drop(don't remember exactly how much) to get it to lay rocker.

But this also seems to be somewhat of an anomaly some guys claim they have to z the front and some don't.

A 2" traditional body drop was pretty easy to achieve, nothing really got in the way, but when I tried to get another 1.5" all kinds of stuff started hitting. Then your headroom is really limited.

Also though I never really measured for laying rocker, I am working on laying door.
csa dad   +1y
talk about losing head room .it just looked like i could drop the cab down to where it was level with the bottom of the frame. and if i got it to there once i bagged it an let all the air out it would be no problem to set the rocker on the ground . also im trying not to lose the factory air box an stuff
huskerdually   +1y

I think it can be done, but I'm not sure, I'm not even trying. Depends a little on how big of wheels/tires you want to run.
csa dad   +1y
factory 16 wheel an what ever tire i need in order to lay rocker the way i want an still be able to pull twenty foot dove tail want to put goose neck in the rear bridge i see alot of people with this done . an i plan on doing that traditional body drop where i cut the floor loose an drop the cab down thanks for the help
Page 1 of 1