threads
Page 1 of 2
Dually Exterior \  Someone build me a custom tailgate!!!

Someone build me a custom tailgate!!!

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1080
replies 12
following 7

onefasthoagie   +1y
Seriously some one wanna build me a custom tailgate for my blazer?? i don't know shit about body work.
seriously, i just want 2 of them line o fire led's frenched into the tailgate. the gate i have is rusted. so if someone could seriously do it, i'd pay to aquire the tailgate and install the led's + ship it here. anyone wanna step up homies????
onefasthoagie   +1y
sure, everyone respond to my other post!!!! you make hoagie cry.
huskerdually   +1y
I'll do it but you probably won't be impressed.
rhmdually   +1y
i dont think you can use the line of fire ones, idk but i have one on my truck and it would be a pain in the ass to do.

your better off using something like this:

there are other companys that make them too i just cant remember right now.
baha   +1y
how much are you looking to spend?
onefasthoagie   +1y
i have no idea what such a thing would cost.
baha   +1y
It would probably be cheaper just to buy a skin from Grant Kustoms and have someone skin it. I've only done one tailgate skin and I would say after the inside was coated with epoxy primer took about 1-2 hrs to install.

I would estimate 1-200 + price of skin & tailgate.
monzter kuztomz   +1y
The skin is the easy part. Putting the LED light in takes a lot of time, if you rush with the welding you'll warp your new skin. I hate welding anything under 12 gauge, I just don't have the patients. Trying to cut out a long slot in the skin would be a pain in the ass too, welding would be the way to go.
onefasthoagie   +1y
so take a stock tailgate and use the kit mentioned above to weild it in? i don't know anyone local that i would trust with this project.
monzter kuztomz   +1y
Try asking a local body shop, or find a body man who would does some work on the side.