threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Exterior \  Fixing rust in door jamb?

Fixing rust in door jamb?

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1910
replies 7
following 3

1986crew   +1y
Noticed yesterday my 86 cc has some rust spots. The rocker and cab corner on driver side I can handle. But it also has rust in the door jamb where the seals make contact with the jamb to seal. Looks like that will be some work. Anybody got any suggestions on how to get the rust outta there and repair the damge. If u guys need pics of what i am talknig about, i wil take some.
1986crew   +1y
here are some pics.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
watahyahknow   +1y
i'm having the same problem with mine , the problem is that its multiple layers of steel with rust in between .

i have a second cab wish is allso rusted but has better jambs and i'm going to try to cut those out and craft them into the parts that are rusted in the better cab .
it will be hard to fabricate those pieces out of flat steel .

if its not too bad piece you can brush the rust out and weld the holes up with copper/brass and a torch , that way it whont rust further
liljlowrider   +1y
thats exactly why im not usin the cab that came on the truck i bought. it was just easier for me buy a TEXAS truck without rust.

first off your gunna wanna go to a paint supply store and they make stuff that you and brush on the rust to KILL it. then you will have to just grind it all out and see how bad it is. if its not all the way through you can just mud work it. if you got holes everywhere you really need to replace the sheet metal
watahyahknow   +1y
have fun sanding down those inside corners

i think the idea of putting on a better cab isnt such a bad one if you look at the time it might safe you
liljlowrider   +1y
yea the cab that came on my truck was def fixable but the time it saves me just swapping cabs is well worth the price of buying my donor truck.
1986crew   +1y
Several problems with replacing cab. 1..no money 2..none around here 3.. wouldn't it be alot of work swapping cabs as in wiring and such? This is suppose to be a ms truck, why would it have rust like this? Sure wish i could find a donor truck............for cheap or FREE
liljlowrider   +1y
go to and they make some good rust kill and goot products for rust repair.
Page 1 of 1