threads
Page 1 of 2
Dually Exterior \  clear marker lights for 88-98 chevrolet???????

clear marker lights for 88-98 chevrolet???????

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 6951
replies 10
following 4

hlpmeup   +1y
I am looking to replace my rear fender marker lights with clear led lights but cannot find any aftermaket matches for my '92 chevy. The newer model dodge lights are rectangle like the chevy, I purchased a pair thinking I could make them work but my body man said they would not because the bolts holding the lights in also help hold the fender in place. Any suggestions?
liljlowrider   +1y
the bolts holdin the lights dont hold the fender in place...
rhmdually   +1y
what he said
hlpmeup   +1y
When I looked today they had the fenders taken off and I did notice the wiring harness goes through a metal bracket. the end of that bracket turns into the bulb housing which does have the holes in it to mount the lens to. I did notice without the dual fenders attached the side fender is very flemsy. they were telling me they think that bracket helps stableize the inner fenders. this is my first dually project and I dont know allot about them and the shop that is doing the build is a highly reputable shop in my area but they are not used to working on a build like this. I will go look again tomorrow and take a closer look.
liljlowrider   +1y
man my fenders are stretched almost 4 inches and just threw that part away that you are talking about. that is mainly to help hold the wirs out of the way. i promise you DONT need that part.
hlpmeup   +1y
I went by the shop today and told them to trash em. thanks for the help.
liljlowrider   +1y
no problem man.. glad we could help
bdydrped   +1y
those belong in the "spare parts bin"

aka dumpster
rhmdually   +1y
put some pics up when its done, i wanna see how those dodge lights look
hlpmeup   +1y
WILL DO BUT AS FAST AS THEY'RE GOING IT MAY BE NEXT YEAR BEFORE ITS DONE. ALSO i'M HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING PICS TO POST ON HERE. i'VE TRIED TO POST MORE PICS i HAVE BUT ITS TELLING ME FILE IS TOO BIG AND i'M NOT SURE HOW TO MINIMIZE IT. i DONT HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON HOTRIDESMAG.COM