Page 1 of 2
Dually Exterior \  Roof of my dually...

Roof of my dually...

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 2525
replies 10
following 9

okcderek   +1y
Well....I am beginning to get a little frustrated w/ the dually. Now dont get me wrong, its by far the coolest vehicle I have had....but the little shit that keeps happening is wearing me thin. 1st it was intake gasket and new lifters, then water leaking in through one of the screw holes in the roof marker lights (easy fix).........but now I have a problem w/ the rear sunroof leaking. Someone thought it would be a good idea and put two sunroofs in the top of the truck, not me, well I have had enough of them.

My question is have any of you ever shaved the humps in the roof of your trucks or reskinned the roof before? What kind of money am I looking at spending here? I figure I have 3 options....
1.) Reskin roof w/ factory skin...

2.) Shave sunroofs and roof ridges or humps w/ sheetmetal...

3.) Replace both sunroofs w/ one of those big ass Webasto 53" glass sunroofs.....(not cheap by any means)

I know this is the place to get the best answer and get an idea of how much money I am looking at here. At this rate I will never get the damn truck bagged and put my 22s on.
okcderek   +1y
...And sliding rag is not an option truck sits outside too much and hear too many people w/ problems of them leaking too.
dragnasty   +1y
Factory skin would be best...
lockone   +1y
Factory would be the best and easiest.
pig rig   +1y
I reskined mine and it was a piece of cake but now I'm thinking about shaving it

uploads/Ownerprofiles/texascustomz/116200673837PM18011.jpg&Thumbnail=%2fuploads%2fOwnerprofiles%2ftexascustomz%2f116200673837PM18011_tn.jpg
liljlowrider   +1y
way easier to factory reskin it for sure
okcderek   +1y
Well I found a certified Webasto installer here in Okc...gonna check to see if they can install one of there panoramic sunroofs instead of the duals I have now....the panoramic one they sell is 53" and I measured from one edge to other on my sunroofs and they are like 48" if I remember right. Still have to talk to a friend that has a bodyshop about price to reskin. I have a feeling that the Webasto panoramic sunroof wont be much more than reskinning the roof. I guess on the bright side, its paid off....would really suck to have a car payment and fix this shit.
bdydrped   +1y
just fyi a new GM skin is 303.66 list price. if you go that route
diabolic kustoms   +1y
I have reskined a few with stock skins and then some with ribbed van/wagon roof skins. Ever thought about a g6 mutipiece folding sunroof?
dorkydually   +1y
i have a 35x60 streetbeat ragtop on my wagon and i am leak free, there are just a few tricks that take about 10 min to do. but i dont know if one that much wider would do. just figure i would throw that out there, post pics whenever you do it