Page 1 of 2
Dually Exterior \  how much paint

how much paint

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1994
replies 10
following 6

97ss150   +1y
how much paint should i need to spray the cc dually? its been awhile since ive sprayed and im curious how much i need. i might buy it and have this guy paint it or i might just stop being lazy and spreay it myself. also im thinking about blk with some pearl in the clear. what colors would look good on top of a blk basecoat

henry
pig rig   +1y
lots

blue, green, red, purple, silver,
97ss150   +1y
gallon-gallon and half? i think purple over black would look sick. not sure about blue or green or even silver as i dunno if ive seen it
pig rig   +1y
I can't remember how much I bought for mine

but if your spraying black it covers better then a lot of other colors and if you use a single stage or a two stage paint will make a differance on the amount you want to buy
liljlowrider   +1y
u doing door jams and under hood???? you will probably use at the least a gallon and half!! silver pearl over blk looks really nice. some brands of paint cover better than others and also the reduce ratio will be different which can affect the amount you will need.. also you will probably need 2 gal. of clear as well
jcampbell1180   +1y
^^^Pfft! What do you know?^^^

pig rig   +1y
I'm thinking just enough to get you in trouble
97ss150   +1y
lol ive been told silver pearl over black looks nice anyone have pics of that i can see? i think red or purple would look badass too
liljlowrider   +1y

if i have any paint left over i will change my answer
autorodtechnologies   +1y
i'd get a gallon and a half, with most bases, that will give you 3 gallons sprayable,, but if you going black, one might do it, but you'll be cutting it close.. I don't ever worry about that as i just mix my own, but you won't want to run out in the middle of a paint job, that's for sure.