Page 1 of 2
Dually Exterior \  Flat Black primer

Flat Black primer

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 3072
replies 10
following 9

3500chevy   +1y
i own a 89 reg cab chevy dually and im planning to paint it flat black in the spring, i was wondering what products are best to use and what will give me the best look for the money. Keep in mind that money is a factor because im still in high school. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
lockone   +1y
Depends if you are going to leave it flat forever or if you plan to paint it in the future.

You can buy just cheap flat "hot rod black" primer from just about any parts store for around $30/gallon. It will fade out alittle in a few months but it is cheap enough you can just shoot some more on it.
If you are going for the flat look for a while it is best to use one of the brands that has a flattening agent in the paint or clear that way it still has protection from the weather and you can wash it. I cant remember the name but someone will know what it is and how much.
maz89   +1y
KustomShop.com HotRod Flatz Flat Black- 1 Gallon kit $119.00
3500chevy   +1y
Thanks for the replies. I do plan to keep it flat black for a while, i would rather spend my money on getting it lower, louder and faster. lol. I have a question for lockone, what paint did you use on your truck?
1fastlx   +1y
loc's truck is primed with a 2k DTM black primer made by Montana it's about 200 a gallon but you can spray right over bare metal.
lockone   +1y
^^^Yep it is the donkey sh*t too...
meanyellowz   +1y
thread post photo

rust tough spray can
lowboy   +1y
If you're going to leave it black for a while. Go down to your local john deer tractor store and pick up a gallon of black paint from them. They have a flat black paint for about 37 bucks a gallon that will not fade after a few months. And if you feel real ballsy you can get the yellow or green. You dont need to reduce it as long as you stir/shake it up well, and a gallon will cover a crew cab rather nicely.
HAHAHAHA
liljlowrider   +1y
i was going to suggest what lowboy just did , that stuff holds up great and cheap we use it alot at the shop
low95xlt   +1y
i like mine wit no shine please