Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  Lowering Question

Lowering Question

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1195
replies 1
following 2

noclrnce   +1y
I have an 87 Chevy crew cab dually 2wd. I already have the Western Chassis 3 inch drop spindles. I honestly cant afford to buy wheels and tires right now. The truck will eventually be bagged but for now it just needs to be lower. Can I put a 3inch drop coil in the front and maybe a flip kit, shackle drop, or remove a leaf in the rear? I really dont want to have to modify a bunch of things until Im ready to bag it. Im still running the 215-85R16 tires. Any help would be appreciated.
upinarms   +1y
well , yes but, lol I have a 1993 and that is the same thing I did, (bagged now ).

I will tell you the rear axel will hit the frame , with any little bump, I then but a small
frame knotch in ( a little better) but still hit (speed bumps , train tracks),

the drop spindles with coil, you will still need shocks, on the rear I flipped it and took out one set of leaves, so as a result the front came down 4 inches and the rear came down about 5/6 inches. Love the stance,

also get a front alignment ( just a suggestion) and take all kinds a measurement, frame to ground, fender wells to ground, and so on , over kill the measuring you may need these for future reference . Before and after......

ok lol this is more than you wanted lol or not even asked for , but oh well ..
I am sure someone with more knowhow on your year will jump in
good luck
Page 1 of 1