Page 1 of 2
Dually Suspension \  87 square dually question fitting 22's

87 square dually question fitting 22's

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 2786
replies 12
following 7

stroker52   +1y
just got a 6/8 kit to put on the truck and a set of 22's my question is if I switch over to the SWR rear end and tub the rear will the wheels clear the stock fenders? if the rear end is still to wide I can have the wheels faced but my other question is, if I cut 3/8 off the face will this do the trick?

I know its been asked and I looked back and really didn't find the answer I was needing.
onelowoneton   +1y
You need a C&C axle to tuck 22s in the rear. A srw axle went give you enough clearance. A cc axle will pull the wheels in about 5" on each side
ghostwhite   +1y
If you are interested in converting to disc brakes you can use a bracket from RuffStuffspecialties that will allow you to mount your 14B Dually hubs on the 14B SRW axle to achieve Cab-N-Chassis width.

There are a few nuances to it but its possible, the only difference between a 14B SRW and 14B CnC is the position of the brake backing plates on the axle housing and the outer hubs. The hubs from a 14B DRW are the same as the CnC 14B.

If you convert to disc brakes then you will not be able to run most stock sized dually wheels because of the deep dish of the dually wheel. If you don't want to convert to disc brakes then you would have to move the brake backing plate.

HERE is a good resource describing the disc brake conversion.

HERE are the RuffStuffSpecialties brackets.
stroker52   +1y
im not bagging the truck so I just need enough room for the wheels to clear the lip of the fenders. 8 inch drop should put the wheel about a inch deep in the fenders. I found a SRW rear end today im going to go get and stick it under when I do the flip and see if it works out..

im not going to convert to disk in the back right now, I might later down the road but thanks for the info..
john-e bravada   +1y
If you currently have a Dually 14b in your truck, then take the hubs off your DRW axle and put them on your newly acquired SRW. You now have a CC.
stroker52   +1y
im swapping the dually rear end to a buddy for a srw rear end..
giovanni   +1y
We need a damm stick with a detailed of each setup 73/91 92/00 and what works with all 4 wheels ect
stroker52   +1y
yes we do.. it would help tards like me to find the info quick and not have to post..
kcook   +1y
I've got a static drop in mine. With 4 22's in the rear and I'm running a regular srw 14 bolt. Fits perfect. Needed to tub the inners 4 inches on each side. I had a c&c in it before and it was just to narrow I found.
scoti   +1y

So you just added the adapters to the srw 14bolt & cut the bed floor + mini-tubs? How much clearance on the outside tire to fender lip would you estimate?