Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  static drop question

static drop question

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1838
replies 5
following 2

pigpen   +1y
i ordered a 6/8 western chassis kit. the instructions state that 88 model c3500 need to run 89 and up upper balljoints. so i decided to order what i though were the correct uppers, but the are to big. i decided to order stock to my year lowers as well and they are too small for the spindle. am i missing something? do i have the correct balljoints already installed? why is 88 a weird year? oh and my vehicle is 88 chevy crew cab dually squarebody. thanks in advance.

tony
plumbers crack   +1y
They might have sent you the 88+ kit, you need the 87 and under. I always order parts for a 86 because there is major confusion with the square carrying over to 91 and them changing to the R/V instead of C/K.

Just to confirm, I'd take a spindle to the parts shop and try joints from 86 and a set from 88+, that way you will know if you have to send it back.
pigpen   +1y

thats a damn good idea. thanks!! ill hit my local auto parts store today.

tony
plumbers crack   +1y
Did you get to the parts house?

I'm going to order my kit soon and I'm wondering if they sent the wrong part or do us square body boys have to mix and match parts now.
pigpen   +1y
i havent made it yet. ive been putting in 12-14 hour days. hopefully ill get there in the next day or two.

tony
pigpen   +1y
well i made it over to autozone and the balljoints for a 1988 c3500 do not fit. they didnt have the ones for a 85 which is the year i tried after. they have them across town and im not going to make it over there today. hopefully tomorrow. for what its worth my spindles do have c30 casted into them. ill let ya know tomorrow if i make it.

tony
Page 1 of 1