Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  thoughts on djm c notch kits

thoughts on djm c notch kits

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1647
replies 3
following 3

jsheskins   +1y
any thoughts on a djm c notch kit for a 93 gmc c3500 cc long bed . i am about to install a 5/7 djm kit complete with c-notch. the c-notch looks really weak. i am going to be towing a 8k lb travel trailer with this truck. im having 2nd thoughts about this notch now. my switch to belltech.
someotherguy   +1y
I don't know if I'd be concerned about the strength, but I don't like their setup at least on the half ton stuff. Dunno if the one ton is same design. Seems like it lets the hardware slip and your pinion angle get out of adjustment...because it's "adjustable"... I'd go with Belltech instead. Can't think of anything I got from Belltech and said to myself, "huh, this sucks."

Richard
getsum   +1y
DJM drop kit on a 96 3500, strength is fine. I towed another shitbox crew cab dually with it just fine. The issue I had was total lack of part identification. Boxes arrived with decent instructions, but no identifiers on the parts, not even a page of pictures. I hadn't done a notch before, and it was a huge PITA. I got it done, but took about twice as long as it should have.
jsheskins   +1y
thanks for the input but i came up with a solution i didn't know i had the option to do. after further inspection of my truck (only had it for a little over a month). i found that someone welded in a 1/2 steel plate from frame rail to frame rail (it's 18" wide. i'm guessing it was for a goose neck ball) that covers the entire rear end differential. My plan is to use that as a support brace for above the frame then take some 1/4" steel i have and make the pattern of the notch and do a sandwich design (the way belltech once made them). after seeing that big steel plate i don't think the belltech c-notch would work with out some mods. plus that plate will allow me to mount the bags directly above the rear.

pictures to come soon as i start.
Page 1 of 1