threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  Another 3/4 ton conversion topic......

Another 3/4 ton conversion topic......

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1845
replies 6
following 5

vintage1976   +1y
Ok so first off , yes I have already used the search option and couldn't find the answers I needed

So don't hate participate

I have a 97 3500 and just ordered a set of MMW 3/4 ton conversion arms and need to know what brakes and calipers and tie rod adjusters I'm gonna need, wasnt sure if the brakes and calipers are from same year just 3/4 ton or if I need something else, also are the replacement rotors compatible with the bell tech drop spindles I have?

Hopefully someone that's done the conversion can chime in and help a poor white kid from Canada out

Thanks in advance
vintage1976   +1y
tough crowd.....
bigbeardedbastard   +1y
im sure someone on here has done it with that year truck....however the board has been slow lately. someone will chime in.
vintage1976   +1y
Anyone??
greasy   +1y
I'm not certain on a 97 but for my square body (87) I needed 3/4 rotors, 1ton calipers, brake pads to work with bell tech drop spindles 3/4 ton and 1 ton wheels bearings, ball joints are same.....not entirely sure about tie rod ends but I would assume 1ton
isd21579   +1y
There is no difference. I went ahead and replaced my calipers and brake pads and the 3/4 ton rotors. I also replaced the bearings inner and outer. I used the same year Chevy I just went to auto zone and asked for C2500 parts. Everything will line up. Have you had any problems with you MMW control arms?
krewzlo   +1y
On mine I had to replace calipers as well, the srw rotors were thinner and my drw factory calipers wouldnt squeeze enough to stop the truck without over extending the pistons and leaking.
Page 1 of 1